1. Will we be assigned a specific move in time or can we come any time during Pitt Arrival?
Because of the number of students that move in during Pitt Arrival, you will be assigned a specific move-in time in your Pitt email. Please make every effort to adhere to the move-in date and time assigned to you.
2. Can upperclassmen move in early?
Early arrivals must be approved by Panther Central. Please remember that your arrival time has been scheduled with your health and safety in mind.
3. When should I expect to receive my assigned move-in date and time?
Students will receive an email with their Notice of Housing Assignment to their University of Pittsburgh email in mid-July which will include their assigned move-in date and time and parking pass.
4. What should I do with the parking pass I received in my Notice of Housing Assignment email?
Please print the parking pass and fill it out before you leave home. Display the parking pass prominently on your vehicle’s dashboard as you approach campus on move-in day. The parking pass identifies your move-in date and time. It also acts as your ticket to access unloading zones and to free long term parking.
7. I’m a member of a University-sponsored program (Pitt Band, Preseason Athlete, Panther Connect Retreat, etc.) which requires me to move in before Pitt Arrival, but I received a different move-in date in my Notice of Housing Assignment email. Do I still need to follow the instructions provided?
No, please follow the move-in dates and instructions provided to you by your program managers.
8. How do I obtain more information about my housing assignment, dining services, move-in, etc.?
9. Can I move in outside of my designated move-in window?
We highly recommend that you stick to your assigned move-in time to maximize the efficiency of your move-in and to follow health and safety guidelines.