1. Will we be assigned a specific move in time or can we come any time during Arrival Survival?
Because of the number of students that move in during Arrival Survival, you will be assigned a specific move in time in you Pitt email as part of your Notice of Housing Assignment. Please make every effort to adhere to the move-in date and time assigned to you.
2. Can upperclassmen move in over the weekend of August 24th and 25th?
Yes you can. However, you should be aware that we only schedule volunteer helpers through Friday August 23rd, but you may move in over the weekend if you wish.
3. When should I expect to receive my assigned move-in date and time?
Students will receive an email with their Notice of Housing Assignment to their University of Pittsburgh email in early July which will include their assigned move-in date and time and parking pass.
4. What should I do with the parking pass I received in my Notice of Housing Assignment email?
Please print the parking pass and provide the information requested before you leave home. Display the parking pass prominently on your vehicle’s dashboard as you approach campus on move-in day. The parking pass identifies your move-in date and time. It also acts as your ticket to access unloading zones and to free long term parking.
7. I’m a member of a University sponsored program (Pitt Band, Preseason Athlete, Panther Connect Retreat, etc.) which requires me to move in before Arrival Survival, but I received a different move-in date in my Notice of Housing Assignment email. Do I still need to follow the instructions provided?
No, please follow the move-in dates and instructs provided to you by your program managers.
8. How do I obtain more information about my housing assignment, dining services, move-in, etc.?
9. Can I move in outside of my designated move in window?
We highly recommend that you stick to your assigned move-in window in order to maximize the efficiency of your family’s move in.